- Contact the Program Director to select a date for your sail.
- Fill out the registration form to generate a contract that we will email you within 2 business days.
- Apply for a scholarship if your school qualifies as a Title 1 school.
- Sign your contract and submit a deposit to finalize your reservation.
- 3 – 4 weeks before your sail, confirm your program with the ship’s Head Educator
- Prepare the required youth and adult liability releases for all participants
- Review the Program Information and Terms
- Optional: Explore online resources and pre-sail activities to introduce your students to ocean literacy, bay ecology, sailboat history, and more
Program Terms and FAQ’s
Youth Liability Release
Adult Liability Release
Additional Items for Teachers, Chaperones, and Parents
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of your program so we can begin promptly.
- Students should be divided into 3-5 groups (depending on your program) before boarding time.
- There is no lunch or snack time on the ship during 3 hour programs. Your group can enjoy a snack or lunch at the Bay Model before or after the sail.
- Students may not use gum or electronic devices other than cameras during the sail.
- We have enough flotation devices on board for every passenger and we require those under 13 years of age to wear a life jacket.
- Passengers should wear closed-toe, flat shoes with good traction.
- Dress in warm layers. It is colder on the water.
- If rain is forecast, please bring rain gear.
- Wear sun protection: hats and sunscreen!
- Restrooms outside the Bay Model should be used before boarding. Toilets are available on the vessel if needed.