- Contact the Program Director to select a date for your sail.
- Fill out the registration form to generate a contract that we will email you within 2 business days.
- Apply for a scholarship if your school qualifies as a Title 1 school.
- Sign your contract and submit a deposit to finalize your reservation.
- 3 – 4 weeks before your sail, confirm your program with the ship’s Head Educator
- Prepare the required youth and adult liability releases for all participants
- Review the Program Information and Terms
- Optional: Explore online resources and pre-sail activities to introduce your students to ocean literacy, bay ecology, sailboat history, and more
Additional Items for Teachers, Chaperones, and Parents
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of your program so we can begin promptly.
- Students should be divided into 3-5 groups (depending on your program) before boarding time.
- There is no lunch or snack time on the ship during 3 hour programs. Your group can enjoy a snack or lunch at the Bay Model before or after the sail.
- Students may not use gum or electronic devices other than cameras during the sail.
- We have enough flotation devices on board for every passenger and we require those under 13 years of age to wear a life jacket.
- Passengers should wear closed-toe, flat shoes with good traction.
- Dress in warm layers. It is colder on the water.
- If rain is forecast, please bring rain gear.
- Wear sun protection: hats and sunscreen!
- Restrooms outside the Bay Model should be used before boarding. Toilets are available on the vessel if needed.