- Check in 5:45 pm at the gate to the pier
- Boarding: 6 pm, followed by safety briefing then we depart
- Sunset: 7:09 pm, Moonrise: 7:28 pm
- Return: 8:30 pm
Starting September 1, 2021, Proof of Vaccination is required for all passengers age 12 or older to board the ship.
If there are fewer than 12 tickets sold, a sail may be canceled, in which case you will be notified and your tickets will either be refunded or transferred to another date of your choosing.
Covid 19 Safety Protocol
- Masks are required for all passengers
- Proof of vaccine required for all vaccine eligible passengers
Matthew Turner is docked at the US Army Corps of Engineers Bay Model Visitor Center in Sausalito, CA. Access is via Marinship Way.
Free parking is available in the lot. A crew member will meet you at the gate to the pier to escort you to the ship.
What to Bring
- Mask and vaccine proof
- A reusable water bottle to ensure you stay hydrated.
- Food and beverages may be brought on board.
- Dress in layers: a windbreaker, warm base layer, gloves, hat, scarf, sunglasses, sunscreen and comfortable shoes. No high heels are permitted.
- Cameras are welcome, but please be aware that water can splash aboard. Protect your equipment accordingly.
We sail in most weather, including cold, wind, fog, and light showers. On occasion, we will need to reschedule a sail due to extreme wind or rain. You will be notified within at least 24 hours of the scheduled sail and we will work with you to reschedule or refund your order.
A ticket is required for all passengers, including infants. Children 17 and under must be accompanied and supervised at all times by an adult.
You may cancel or reschedule your sail with 24 hour advance notice. No refunds for guests who miss the boat. Call of the Sea reserves the right to cancel a sail if that event does not meet our minimum capacity requirements. Call of the Sea will notify these customers at least 2 days prior to the event. Customers can reschedule for another sail or receive a full refund.
Why Call of the Sea?
We’re a nonprofit supporting on-the-water environmental education. During the week, we provide educational programs to youth. Community Sails are a great way to share our mission with new people and to help lower costs for youth educational sails. If you are interested in youth field trips, please check out our website callof thesea.org.